Friday, January 25, 2013

Little Digital Experiments

Some digital drawings I found in my files. I figured I'll post these experiments before I scrap 'em. Apparently, I draw a lot of bunnies wearing (same) blue dresses when I'm doodling on the computer. 


I downloaded these cool pencil brushes. They're pretty sweet!  


Attempting line art without the pen tool... FAIL. I colored her in to make the mistakes look a less severe. I like this brush setting though. It's soft and painterly. 


Hard brush with a canvas texture, not a huge fan. It looks too bumpy. 


A more recent unfinished bunny sketch. I like this style a lot since I get to go back and forth between drawing and painting. I need to learn how to draw proper backgrounds instead of copping out with gradients of colors. 


I relearned how to use the pen tool and wanted to make a fake screencap. Gill and Santi (Santiago) from my secret webcomic project. Other sketches of them can be found here and here. I really do want to make this webcomic a reality, but my writing is suffering. I want my characters and story to be 100% before I draw anything. 


A mini self-portrait done to experiment with the way I painted on Photoshop. 


I liked the process in my mini self-portrait, so I decided to try it out with a different subject. I don't know if I'll ever finish this "Octolady", so posting what I have now. 

-aKino



No comments:

Post a Comment