Friday, June 1, 2012

Practicing Digital

I guess today will be a small digital update. Normally, I can't hold my attention and interest long enough to even finish half a doodle on Photoshop, but I've managed to fully color two drawings. I'm ready to pass out now. 


Pyramid Head's Spanish is due to this piece. I like looking at fan art more than making it. However, when Silent Hill's Facebook page uploaded a cute screenshot of Heather, I couldn't resist. 


I keep telling myself I'm going to have full character reference sheets for these guys, but I never get around them! From left to right: Gill, Thorn, Santi (the bunny), and Slate. I mainly wanted to fool around with digital colors. Oy, the lack of color harmony is absolutely disgusting. 


Obviously, a WIP, which means I'll never finish it. I think I like them in chibi form. It's more fun and humorous like they're meant to be. I've been drawing these guys since middle school and still have no idea where I'm going with them. General bio:
Gill - emo boy cannibal
Santi - possessed serial killing bunny
Thorn - an angel and a pussy
Slate - Gill's veagan girlfriend. 

I would upload my 18"x24" sketches if my camera wasn't so shitty. Maybe I'll post some real painting sketches once I purchase some canvas paper pads. I haven't done traditional painting for so long, it's embarrassing! 

-aKino

No comments:

Post a Comment