Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sinus Shots

It's mid-March and I've managed to get a cold. Right when I thought I missed the seasonal virus bandwagon, my sinuses get shot. I guess it gives me an opportunity to upload neglected sketches. 

My boyfriend's obsession with The Walking Dead makes me want to draw zombies. I'm sick of the zombie fad, but at the same time, I love it.  


Portrait study for a commission. My co-worker wants an oil painting of her daughter. She's such a princess. It's been a while since I've done portraits, so this project will be a nice challenge. 


I saw this wallpaper and I had to draw it. Behind-the-scenes makeup and mechanics are so cool! 



"It's one of those days" type of doodles. Also, testing out newly downloaded pencil brushes. I'm trying to find a nice medium between textured and smooth rendering. 

 I'm going to Japan in April. This bitter doodle is me illustrating my fear from a few summers ago. Since I'm born and raised in the US, I'm more of an "American" than "Japanese". When we had a family reunion, I got a lot of dirty looks that said, "She's Japanese, but she's not acting like one of us—what's wrong with her?" At least I speak both languages and have an understanding of both cultures. I'd like to see them survive a day in New England without and guidance. 




I've been doing a lot of digital doodling just to get use to drawing on the computer. However, it's not as fulfilling as traditional sketching. It's definitely helped me with relearning colors though. 

-aKino

No comments:

Post a Comment