Thursday, August 9, 2012

Between Volunteers

Volunteered at Otakon 2012 with my boyfriend and his friends. Apparently, it's one of the biggest Anime conventions... well, it definitely was a bit overwhelming. It's a different world inside that building. We were in charge of food runs and art auction organization. The amount of money people throw out for crappy fanart made me cringe a little, but still, it was fun watching how trends and values shift from artwork to artwork. Okay, here are a few sketches I did during slow hours:







I was a bit flattered when one of the workers asked if I was working on a commission. Ahhh, I wish. It wouldn't hurt to make a few extra bucks for a couple of doodles. My boyfriend and I are planning on a social experiment for next year's art auction, but we're not sure if was really wanna be that douchey yet. 

-aKino

No comments:

Post a Comment